Thursday 25 February 2010

LOUISE GRAY




http://www.londonfashionweek.co.uk/louisegray


Designer name: Louise Gray

Origin: Fraserburgh, Scotland.

Career highlight: “Gaining Fashion East sponsorship three times.”

Design background: “I studied at Glasgow School of Art and Central Saint Martins, where I did my MA. I have worked with Peter Jensen, freelance for Lanvin and also sold work to Diane Von Furstenburg.”

What are your design signatures? “Trompe l'oeil embroidery and colourful handwork.”

How would you describe the Louise Gray woman? “Ultimately, someone who is fun.”

Name three things that are inspiring you for autumn/winter 2010: “Artwear, crazy comforts and mono prints.”

What encapsulates London fashion for you? “I love Jeanette’s boutique. I adore Hackney style too.”

What do you hope the new decade will mean for your brand? “Evolution and growth.”

How does London influence your designs? “It’s just the feeling I have living here; there’s so much excitement.”

No comments:

Post a Comment